Thursday, July 7, 2011

Things to do on a hot & humid day when you're not in Mexico


One of my favorite spots in Norfolk is a couple of blocks from our house, just on the edge of downtown.
It's a small body of water called The Hague (a small finger of the Elizabeth River), as is our neighborhood which consists of over a hundred 19th and early 20th century homes. This afternoon I grabbed my camera and walked down to take a few shots. It was in the mid-90's, very humid and overcast, but my little friend seemed to be enjoying the water and venturing close  enough for me to get a few good pics. Click on the Picasa link below and select slide show and you can see her for yourself. She turned and posed every time I spoke to her. She was the only duck I saw among a flock of geese.
https://picasaweb.google.com/106925106321117301988/HagueShotsWSigma?authkey=Gv1sRgCPjE5YqbnIiRwAE

Foot bridge over The Hague to downtown (a popular spot for watching
4th of July fireworks

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit I look at my surroundings a little more wistfully these days, now that I'm considering leaving. I'm drinking in Central Park, Washington Square, the West Village. I'm driving around New England this weekend, taking lots of pictures. Could this be goodbye?

    ReplyDelete