Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Catedral de San Ildefonso makes it on "The Dish"

While browsing one of my favorite political blogs from the past (I say past because I no longer have much interest in US politics),  I was surprised to see a photo of the cathedral in "The View From Your Window" feature of Andrew Sullivan's blog, The Dish.  Scroll down the page on the link for December 3 and you will see the photo. There is an ongoing contest to see which photos are published and eventually make it to a nice coffee table photo book.


There's something a little strange about the photo. Can you see anything unusual? I'm a little curious to know who might have submitted the photo. Could it possibly be that Governor Ivonne Ortega Pacheco snapped the shot from the balcony of the Palacio del Gobierno? After all, it would be the view from HER window.  It's doubtful, with her tremendous responsibilities, that she would have the time for such trivialities.  I've been tempted to submit something from Mérida but now someone has beat me to it. Congratulations to the anonymous submitter.


3 comments:

  1. I like your pictures better - so gorgeous and coffee table worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that window where Castro Pacheco murals reside? It's a beautiful, sobering gallery. I'm pretty sure it's on that corner, but I could be wrong.

    In your second photo, inside the window ou can just make out a clock and mirror. Now, check the link below.

    http://yucatantoday.com/en/topics/castro-pacheco-murals

    By the way, I agree with you about U.S. politics. I'm watching "Morning Joe" right now, but it feels like fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Susan. I'm still learning and really enjoying the challenge.

    Lee, in the photo on The Dish, just to the right of the towers, where there should be sky, it appears that what you are seeing is the reflection of a painting from the Pacheco murals. His story is very interesting. I just wonder how the murals are maintained in this high humidity.

    ReplyDelete