Wednesday, March 30, 2011

12-21-2012

I was flipping through channels earlier this evening for a movie and saw "2012" starring John Cusack. The movie was just beginning so I watched for a few minutes. As soon as the roads in his city starting caving in swallowing cars, homes, and buildings as he speeds through the chaos to save his family, I decided that I was not up to watching yet another end-of-the-world movie.  Since I had my laptop in ...well, my lap, I googled 12-21-2012. There are enough sites to keep one occupied for weeks, including opinions from actors, sports figures, and rap artists, not to mention all sorts of New Age gurus.  Not interested!  However, I did find this article.


Carlos Barrios, who was trained as an Ajq'ij in the Maya tradition, has this to share in regards to 2012:

"Our planet can be renewed or ravaged. Now is the time to awaken and take action... The prophesized changes are going to happen, but our attitude and actions determine how harsh or mild they are.

"This is a crucially important moment for humanity and for earth. Each person is important. If you have incarnated into this era, you have spiritual work to do balancing the planet...The greatest wisdom is in simplicity. Love, respect, tolerance, sharing, gratitude, forgiveness. It's not complex or elaborate. The real knowledge is free. It's encoded in your DNA. All you need is within you. Great teachers have said that from the beginning. Find your heart, and you will find your way."


I like this. Here's the link to the entire article. It explains what the Mayan elders and scholars think about the ending of the Maya calendar on December 21, 2012. Simplicity, love, respect, tolerance, sharing, gratitude, and forgiveness - much of what I have been working on for the past three years. It's really neat that finding our hearts is leading Alan and me to the "heart" of Maya culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment