Monday, September 19, 2011

Narco Thriller

A post from David Lida recommending the new Mexican film Miss Balla peaked my interest and sent me looking for more about the film. Here is a trailer for the film which tells the story of a girl in search of a beauty queen title who gets caught in the middle of the drug violence ravaging through Mexico.  I don't know if it will make the rounds here in my part of the US, but I would expect to see it in our Art Repertory theater (NARO) which is where most of the foreign made films are shown. Maybe we will be lucky and find that it is playing in Mérida during our November visit. It looks as though it is not a movie for the faint of heart or those eschewing violence. I generally tend to avoid this type of film, but David seems to think that it should not be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment