Monday, July 2, 2012

A Letter to President Peña Nieto




Dear President Enrique Peña Nieto,

First, let me offer my congratulations on your victory and wish you the very best as you lead Mexico for the next six years.  Mexico is a great country and I have come to love the corner where I'll soon be living  -Yucatan-  very much. I've met many of the foreign expatriates who have come to make Mérida their home. The vast majority have visited and lived there while the country was under the capable leadership of Vincente Fox or Felipe Calderon. While, as expatriates, we do not participate in the political activities of Mexico, we honor and respect your laws and we strive to be recognized as good neighbors.

As guests in your country, we hope that you will welcome us with the same regard as previous administrations, but most of all we hope that you will work to make life better for the Mexican people, especially those in most need.

Felicitaciones por su elección,

 ¡Viva México!

John

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for pointing out the mistake. I have corrected my error.

    ReplyDelete